Karlie is a dynamic and engaging leader and has been the Chief Executive Officer of the National Australia Day Council since 2018.
Karlie has extensive experience across the not-for-profit, public and private sectors, with a strong history of collaboration and stakeholder relations, executive and team leadership, governance, strategic and policy development, as well as change management, organisational design, and media relations.
As Chief Executive Officer of the National Australia Day Council Karlie is responsible for overseeing all company operations. Within this role, Karlie has:
- overseen the strategic and efficient restructure of the company, returning it to a profitable entity.
- overseen the development and implementation of a values-based creative campaign.
- developed and implemented a market tested strategic communications campaign.
- has expanded commercial partnerships; and
- obtained a significant increase in funding from stakeholders and partners.
Karlie’s communication and stakeholder engagement skills are of the highest calibre. She communicates with influence and manages the expectations of both internal and external stakeholders, including executive and management staff, technical experts, procurement, delivery and communications teams as well as financial and commercial advisers. Karlie’s approachable nature and her ability to quickly foster effective business relationships enables her to consistently deliver high quality outputs on-time and within budget.
Karlie’s experience is complemented by her formal qualifications, which include a Master of International Business and a Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Arts. Karlie has also recently completed executive and management courses with the Australian Institute of Company Directors.