The candidate will ideally have program management experience and communications and/or event management experience with the ability to acquire knowledge and adapt to new processes quickly and effectively.
The successful candidate will manage and deliver their own projects while providing support and assistance to the National Manager, Australia Day. They will have the ability to forge positive relationships with a range of different stakeholders and contractors.
The role includes:
- managing the administration and stakeholder liaison for national programs
- working closely with external contractors in the management and delivery of Australia Day events
- managing the production of cost-efficient and effective integrated marketing communications including advertising and marketing materials
- managing stakeholders, suppliers and staff
- coordinating and maintaining website content
- supporting the Australia Day team, ensuring successful delivery of marketing, programs and events
Remuneration and Conditions
- The position will attract a salary of $60 to $65K including Super + Bonus available. The level of salary will be commensurate with the successful applicant’s skill and experience.
- The position is a full time 12 month position.
- The position holder will be asked to enter into an Employment Agreement. In place of over time and time in-lieu, a provision of the agreement is an additional one week’s leave for working through the January period.
- The position is not a public service position.
Applications for the position must include a resume and address the selection criteria which is provided below. Applications should be addressed and submitted to:
Project Coordinator, Australia Day
For further information on the position, please call 02 6120 0614.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications close midnight, Sunday 6 July 2014
Applicants with considerable skills, knowledge and experience are invited to apply for the position by responding to the following criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Demonstrated ability to assist in the delivery of and manage logistics for large scale events.
- Experience in assisting to deliver communication and marketing activities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong ability to develop and nurture relationships with sponsors, stakeholders and suppliers.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
The following skills are desirable but non-essential criteria for the position:
- Commitment to inspiring national pride and spirit and an appreciation of the issues surrounding national identity and the celebration of Australia Day.
- Experience working in both private industry and government
- Tertiary qualifications in related areas, such as project management, communications or marketing.
About the National Australia Day Council
The National Australia Day Council (NADC) presents Australia Day celebrations and the Australian of the Year Awards to inspire national pride and spirit to enrich the lives of all Australians. Based in Old Parliament House, Canberra, the NADC is an Australian Government owned company operating in a dynamic small business environment. The small and enthusiastic team in Canberra works in partnership with the eight state and territory Australia Day organisations to deliver the branding, marketing and associated events for Australia Day and the Awards nationally.
The NADC is supported by the Australian Government through the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, significant corporate sponsorship and media partners.
The NADC is a Commonwealth controlled company reporting to government through the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. The Cabinet Secretary is the responsible minister. Its operation is overseen by a Board of Directors who are appointed by Cabinet.
The organisation has a core staff of thirteen focusing on strategy and coordination. Programs are delivered using a combination of contractors, supporting agencies and working in partnership with the state and territory Australia Day affiliate councils.