Planning Your Event
There is a great satisfaction at the end of an event for those who have made it happen: and even greater satisfaction if the planning, preparation and follow-up work is sound. But it can be a big job, and hard to know where to start. So, here are some tips to help ensure the success of your Australia Day celebrations.
This section includes information on:
- Volunteers - volunteers are invaluable to the success of events - how do you inspire great volunteers
- Working with the media - how to develop a good working relationship with your local media
- Sponsorship - some information and guides to attracting sponsors to enhance your event
- Risk Management - ensuring you have planned for risks
- Promoting your event - information and resources for generating interest and excitement
- Evaluation and reporting - how reflection and learning can make future events even better.