Being active on social networks before, during, and after an event is critical to your promotional strategy and successful attendee engagement. Every audience from tweens to grannies uses social- so make sure you’re present in order to reach your target audience. Platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram can be excellent ways to promote your event.
The National Australia Day Council in partnership with the National Museum of Australia and Twitter support the use of #AustraliaDay to encourage a genuine and inclusive celebration of our national day. Using the #AustraliaDay hashtag is a wonderful way to connect all the Australia Day events that happen across the nation.
Ways you can get involved:
- Promote the hashtag at your event and on promotional materials for Australia Day
- Use the hashtag yourself as you upload images from your event to social media
- Encourage your dignitaries at your events to get involved using the hashtag
- Set up a Facebook page, or use your local council page to promote discussion about your event
- Provide a ‘like’ button on your web site so people can promote your event for you to their Friends
- When using twitter you could hold a “Retweet to Win” campaign to giveaway tickets or passes
- Offer a Sneak Peek by giving potential attendees real-time access to keynote speakers, panellists and other important guests who will be at the event
- Go visual and generate buzz by hinting at the headline act
With over 130,000 tweets received for 2015 below are just a few examples: