Louise Martin is the communication director of Victoria’s Department of Premier and Cabinet. A former journalist, newspaper editor and corporate consultant, she has more than 30 years’ experience in communication.
As the most senior communication professional in the Victorian public service, Louise has oversight of all Victorian Government communication and advertising, including guidelines and policies. Her team is also responsible for the protocol and management of the Victorian Government’s official events such as ANZAC Day, Australia Day and other events of State significance.
Louise led the Victorian Government’s information and media response following the 2009 Black Saturday bushfire disaster, and has been responsible for award‑winning behavioural change programs around emergency services, street crime and public safety.
- Committees and Boards:
- Chair, Victorian Fire and Emergency Communication Committee
- Chair, Senior Communication Officers Group
- Member, Advertising Oversight Committee
- Victorian Deputy representative, Order of Australia Council
- Board member, Victoria Law Foundation
- Deputy Chair, Australia Day Committee