Gerry is passionate about many things:
- His family (wife, Helen, and sons, Luke, Tim and Hugh)
- The Starlight Children’s Foundation – he was an active member for over 10 years and Chairman of the Victorian Advisory Board for the past 4 years before retiring this year. Although he spent a great deal of time working on the corporate and fund raising side of Starlight, he is happiest when he is interacting with the children and their families that Starlight assists.
- KPMG – where he was a Partner for 23 years and is currently providing part time consulting services on business development in Victoria.
- His local community – where he has been particularly supportive of schools and sporting clubs.
- Mentoring and supporting young people – through KPMG and also as part of the Victorian Police leadership mentoring program where he recently mentored a senior member of Victoria Police.
- Volunteering for St Vincent de Paul Society and the Heart Lung Transplant Trust
- Trekking – with Helen, he has trekked to both Everest and Annapurna base camps in Nepal and in 2010, the famous Inca Trail in Peru.
- Keeping fit – he has completed the Around the Bay in a Day bike ride 12 times, BRW Triathlons, Pier to Pub swims, half marathons and even (once) the Melbourne Marathon – all in very slow times! He plays competition tennis weekly and is a member of Kingston Heath Golf Club.
- The Hawthorn Football Club – Go the Mighty Hawks.
In fact, many of the things Gerry is passionate about embody the Australian spirit and the Australian way of life!