Gerry is passionate about many things:
- His family (wife, Helen, and sons, Luke, Tim and Hugh)
- The Starlight Children’s Foundation – he has been an active member for 7 years and Chairman of the Victorian Advisory Board for the past 18 months. Although he spends a great deal of time working on the corporate side of Starlight, he is happiest when he is interacting with the children and their families that Starlight assists.
- KPMG – where he was a Corporate Tax Partner for 20 years and is now responsible for firm-wide business development in Victoria.
- His local community – where he has been particularly supportive of schools and sporting clubs.
- Mentoring and supporting young people – through KPMG and also as part of the Victorian Police leadership mentoring program where he recently mentored a senior member of Victoria Police.
- Trekking – with Helen, he has twice trekked to both Everest and Annapurrna base camps in Nepal and, earlier this year, the Inca Trail in Peru.
- Keeping fit – he has completed the Around the Bay in a Day bike ride over 10 times, BRW Triathlons, Pier to Pub swims, half marathons and even (once) the Melbourne Marathon – all in very slow times! He plays competition tennis weekly and is a member of Kingston Heath Golf Club.
- The Hawthorn Football Club – Go the Mighty Hawks.
In fact, many of the things Gerry is passionate about embody the Australian spirit and the Australian way of life!